Welcome to Coastal Purrs!
Home of registered Devon Rex and Scottish cats and kittens. Located on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.
We have a small TICA registered cattery on the west coast of Canada. Currently we have two wonderful breeds, the Devon Rex and Scottish.
Devon Rex cats are active, tail wagging, glued-to-you love bugs! Scottish cats are friendly with beautiful thick coats and round eyes.
We have a unique cattery being very small which reduces the risk of illness and stress for our feline friends. They aren't kept in cages, and everything is done ethically including genetic testing and kitten registration.
Our Devon Rex cats were imported from Europe. I went to France to pick up Tamatha, who we call Étoile de Paris, from a veterinarian and fellow breeder. Our other Devons come to us from Ukraine. They experienced a harrowing journey from Ukraine which inspired me to tell their story by writing a children's book. I hope to announce the publication date later this year.
Simba and Sir Bentley, our Scottish line, came to us from Devine Paws located in Manitoba.
Our goal is to place healthy, well-socialized kittens into loving homes.
Become a part of the Coastal Purrs family, and feel the love, cuddles, and moments of connection with a Devon Rex or Scottish kitten!
About Our Cattery
I am a member in good standing of The International Cat Association, Inc. (TICA) and have a TICA-registered cattery. I will breed discriminately, and only if I can find appropriate homes for my kittens. I will place kittens only in homes that I believe will provide a life-long commitment of love, appreciation, and responsible care.
Any kitten or cat sold as a pet/companion will be sold under the following conditions:
1. I will guarantee that the kitten/cat is in good health at the time of sale.
2. I will urge the purchaser to have the kitten/cat examined by the purchaser's own veterinarian within a few days of purchase to confirm its good health.
3. I will explain to the purchaser the dangers of an outdoor environment.
4. I will provide a written sales agreement that describes all the terms of the sale. I will abide by my own sales agreement.
5. I will spay/neuter every kitten/cat prior to leaving the cattery. If this should not be possible, I will require that the kitten be spayed or neutered no later than 12 months of age and not be allowed to produce any offspring. I will provide the TICA registration certificate and/or pedigree for the kitten/cat only after I have received written evidence from a licensed veterinarian that the kitten/cat has been altered.
6. I will not release a kitten until it has been inoculated at least twice against the following: Panleukopenia, Feline Rhinotracheitis, and Calicivirus. I also may choose to give other vaccinations.
Note that Devons are a smaller breed and they sometimes go to their new homes after one combination vaccine for the illnesses mentioned above. Scottish kittens often go to their new homes before the booster is due.
Signed: Coastal Purrs Cattery